What documents will I get when I am 17?
The documents that must be given to you by your case manager before you turn 18 are:
- Medicaid card
- Certified copy of your birth certificate
- Driver’s license or State ID if you do not yet have your license
- Social Security Card
- Bank account or information and documents needed to open one on your own
- Your educational records
- Your health and mental health records
- A letter that shows the dates that the dependency case is open
- A letter showing you are in compliance with financial aid documentation requirements
- A letter that informs you about court hearings and your right to attend
Is there any other information I should get?
Your case manager should also give you the following information:
- Where you will be living on your 18th birthday and how the living environment will be paid for, and info on any education program you will be enrolled in
- How to request your case file
- How to get a driver’s license or permit
- Information on how to access your any social security benefits you might have
- Information on programs you qualify for: EFC, PESS, Aftercare
- Information on public assistance programs and how to apply for them
SCRAPPY TIP: get a folder to keep all of your important documents in so you don’t lose them!
Fla Stat sec 39.701